Vizio XRT140 Universal Remote Control Guide
For Vizio LED and LCD Smart TVs
From: Best Deal Remotes
Hello, dear TV watcher! Welcome to the guide for your new Vizio XRT140 Universal Remote Control. We'll learn together how to set it up and use it with your Vizio TV. It's going to be fun and easy, just like a class project!
What's Inside the Box?
When you open the box, you'll find:
- The Vizio XRT140 Universal Remote Control (it's the magic wand for your TV!)
- This guide (that's me, helping you!)
- 2 small batteries called AAA
How to Put Batteries in Your Remote
- Find the battery door on the back of the remote.
- Open it.
- Put the 2 batteries in. Make sure the plus (+) on the battery matches the plus (+) inside.
- Close the door. Now your remote has energy!
What Do All the Buttons Do?
Your remote has lots of buttons. Here's what they do:
|Button||What It Does|
|Power||Turns the TV on and off, like a light switch|
|Numbers||For typing channel numbers|
|Volume +/-||Makes the sound louder or softer|
|Channel +/-||Changes the channel, like turning pages in a book|
|Mute||Makes the TV quiet|
|Menu||Opens a special TV screen with choices|
|Arrow Keys||Moves around the TV screen choices|
|OK||Picks a choice on the TV screen|
|Back||Goes back to the last TV screen|
|Netflix, Hulu, etc.||Goes straight to fun shows and movies|
|Source||Picks where the TV looks (like DVD players)|
Making the Remote Talk to Your TV
- Turn on the TV.
- Hold the
Setupbutton until a little light blinks two times.
- Press the
- Point the remote at the TV and press
Power. The TV should turn off.
OK. The little light will blink two times.
How to Use Your Remote
Turning the TV On/Off: Press the
Powerbutton (easy peasy!).
Making Sound Louder/Softer: Use the
Volume +/-buttons (just like turning the volume knob).
Picking a Channel: Use the
Channel +/-buttons (flip, flip!).
Making Choices on TV: Press the
Menubutton and use the arrows (like a video game!).
Making the TV Quiet: Press the
Oops, Something's Wrong! What to Do?
- Remote not doing anything? Maybe the batteries are tired. Change them!
- TV not listening? Try telling the remote about your TV again (see "Making the Remote Talk to Your TV").
Being Safe with Your Remote
- Don't get it wet, or it might get sick!
- Don't take it apart; it likes to stay in one piece.
- Only feed it the batteries it likes (the AAA ones).
A Special Promise (Warranty)
If something's not right with the remote, there's a special promise for one year. Just show the store the paper that says you bought it, and they'll help you.
Thank you for playing with the Vizio XRT140 Universal Remote Control. I hope you have lots of fun watching your favorite shows and movies! If you need more help, just ask Best Deal Remotes. They're like helpful teachers for your remote!