How to Program a Spectrum Remote (Step-by-Step Guide)
Below you will find the Spectrum Remote Codes and User's Manual to program your Spectrum CLICKR-5 UR5U-8780L Remote Control to your devices. We will also help you understand how to use your remote to get the most out of it. This will be an easy-to-follow step-by-step guide. If you skip to the bottom of the guide you will find a pdf download of the original Spectrum Remote Control User's Manual and Remote Codes.
Introduction to your Spectrum Remote Control
The Spectrum CLICKR-5 UR5U-8780L Remote Control is the remote control that came with your Spectrum Cable Box. This is essentially the same model as the Time Warner CLICKR-5 UR5U-8780L or Charter CLICKR-5 UR5U-8780L. The only difference between them is the Brand Name. Throughout this guide, we will most commonly refer to it as a Spectrum Remote because it is the most commonly used out of the three.
In the guide below you find the Spectrum Remote Control Codes and User's Manual for CLICKR-5 UR5U-8780L and UR5U-8790L Remote Controls.
How do I use a Spectrum Remote?
The Spectrum Universal Remote Control model number CLICKR-5 UR5U-8780L by Spectrum Communications, Inc. Spectrum's Universal remote control is preprogrammed to operate most non-DVD devices manufactured by Samsung, Sony, Toshiba, Sansui, Panasonic, Sharp, Hitachi, and others.
However, you may need to program your remote control to control a newly added device to your audio/video system. Spectrum's Universal remote can be programmed through the TV or through a learning procedure. Spectrum uses code tables which consist of a series of numerics and binary bits.
Spectrum's Universal Remote Control is preprogrammed to operate most brands of televisions and audio components.
Spectrum Time Warner Remote Control Features:
Out of the box, your Spectrum remote can be used to:
- Turn On/Off a TV
- Change the TV channel, Spectrum's On-TV button operates like a regular television remote control
- Control Spectrum volume with Spectrum's Volume Up & Down buttons Spectrum Universal Remote Features:
- Works with up to 8 different devices (TV, VCR, etc.)
- Add/delete up to 6 additional devices (TV, VCR, DVD, etc.)
Spectrum is programmed to work with Spectrum's original equipment manufacturer codes. Spectrum Universal Remote can learn up to 6 additional devices, but it does not store the code for your Spectrum compatible TV and Cable Box/Satellite Receiver boxes. Therefore Spectrum cannot control these features: Volume Up/Down, Mute, and On-Screen Displays (OSD).
Spectrum's User Manual: Spectrum CLICKR-5 UR5U-8780L Spectrum Spectrum Universal Remote Control Model No. CLICKR-5 UR5U-8790L Spectrum Spectrum's Universal remote control is pre-programmed to operate most non-DVD devices manufactured by Samsung, Sony, Toshiba, Sansui, Panasonic, and Spectrum.
Spectrum's Universal remote control is preprogrammed to operate most brands of televisions and audio components. Out of the box, Spectrum can be used to Turn On/Off a TV and change the TV channel. Spectrum's On-TV button operates like a regular television remote control Control Spectrum volume with Spectrum's Volume Up & Down buttons.
Spectrum Universal Remote Codes & Program Instructions
Spectrum Universal Remote Programming Instructions
- Turn On Spectrum's remote control and the device you want to program (TV). Spectrum must be aimed at the learning device you are programming.
- Press and hold the DEVICE SETUP button on Spectrum remote control for 12 seconds. You will see the Spectrum remote control keypad light up while in Learning Mode. Spectrum's LED will blink slowly until Spectrum is ready to accept programming codes from the learning device you are programming. Spectrum has now entered into Learnable Programming Mode.
- Press and release, on Spectrum remote control, each button of your original manufacturer's equipment which operates with Spectrum's remote control. Spectrum's LED will blink slowly once for every button you press.
- As Spectrum learns the original manufacturer's equipment command, Spectrum LED will stop blinking and remain lit until all of Spectrum's codes have been transferred into Spectrum. The learning process is complete when Spectrum's LED has remained lit up for more than 3 seconds.
Spectrum will now go back to Spectrum's idle mode. Spectrum is programmed and ready for use.
To check your Spectrum remote's function aim your remote at your learning device and press a button on Spectrum's remote control. The device should respond accordingly. If the device does not operate then reprogram Spectrum to learn that specific remote codes from your original manufacturer's equipment.
Spectrum Time Warner User's Manual and Remote Codes
3-Digit Codes for Programming Spectrum Cable Boxes to your Devices
In the pdf below you can find the 3-digit remote codes needed to program your Time Warner, Spectrum, or Charter Remote Control. Remember, in order to program the Spectrum remote control, you would need to hold down the "Setup" button until all three digits appear on the screen. You can then release the Setup button and key in [in quick succession] the first three digits from your Spectrum device's manual in this list. If successful, a green light will flash twice.
Original Spectrum Manual and Code List pdf Download: